Odiya people are born foodie. They wake up thinking what to eat and sleep with dreaming the next day meal. The cuisine is such that they come with full meal form rather than a single entity.
The Badi Chura recipe goes like this:
- Badi / Sun dried Urad Daal Dumpling – 5-6 pieces
- Peanuts – a handful
- Green chilies – 1 – 2 pieces
- Garlic – 2-3 big cloves
- Salt – according to the taste
- Mustard Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1 small cut into rings
Steps of Preparation:
- Shallow fry the Badi/Sun dried Urad Daal dumpling till its golden brown.
- Roast the peanuts till it is roasted evenly from every side.
- Cool the Badis and Peanuts.
- Take the fried Badis, roasted Peanuts, Green chilies, Garlic Cloves and Salt and grind in the dry jar of Mixer.
- Grind it till it’s broken to small crispy pieces.
- Alternate method: Crush all the ingredients in the mortar-pestel to make a chura.
Serve with the meal at the lunch garnishing it with freshly cut Onion rings, it’s gonna be a wannabe for a long run in your home. I bet !