Aloo Baingan Bharta/Mashed Potato – Brinjal
Office is taking its Toll on me. Every day, it’s turning to be a long, long day till 9 pm or more. While returning today I felt like eating something simple. Aloo-Baingan Bharta is one of those every day comfort food, which is a healthy option for your hunger and it’s easy and quick to make.
The Aloo – Baingan Bharta recipe goes like this:
- Baingan/ Eggplant – 1 large
- Potatoes – 3 Boiled and Peeled off
- Onion -1 finely chopped large sized
- Garlic – 1 tsp finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 large finely chopped
- Green Chilies – 1 finely chopped
- Vegetable Oil- 1 tbsp
- Salt – According to the taste
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1 pinch
- Cumin Powder – 1tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili Powder – 1 tsp
Steps of Preparation:
- Roast the Eggplant on the gas stove.
- Peel off the Eggplant once it cools down.
- Mash the Smoky roasted Eggplant and the potatoes.
- Heat a pan, add the oil to it.
- Add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the Onions and saute it till it’s golden brown.
- Then add the tomatoes and powdered spices (cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder) and saute it till the tomatoes are cooked and spices releases oil.
- Add the mashed Potato and Eggplant and mix it well with the spices.
- Cook it for 2-3 minutes and serve it hot with Chapati