Recently we had labor day weekend in the States, which marked the end of summer fun. Though I was quite hesitant to roam around this time, hubby dear insisted to go outdoors. It was all fun and the budding kiddo seems to enjoy the nature and especially the water. Usually, when it’s a long weekend, I kind of laze around with less of cooking and it’s more of depending on the freezer meals which I’d keep pre-prepared. Although, it’s not always a healthy option, but is much better than anything outside which claims to be healthy and fresh.
Honestly, I was never that serious about what I eat. It’s the pregnancy and the baby who played out a crucial role in manipulating and designing our family’s recent food habit. We thoroughly love to experiment on healthy option and are usually opting for fresh ingredients. As it’s summer we decided to bake a savory bread of zucchini and flavor it with all the ingredients we are growing in our little patio herb garden.
Ah!! The feeling of plucking and cooking it fresh in indescribable. Wish I had a backyard with a self sufficient garden. May be one day it will come true, but for the time being, let’s rush for this little delight. These days my little bunny has become a great help in the kitchen. Well, you all know which way?
Here goes the Recipe for Savory Zucchini bread:
- Zucchini – 1 large
- Jalapeno Hot pepper – 1 large
- Basil leaves – handful
- Spring Onions – 3
- Garlic – 2 large cloves
- Eggs – 3 large
- All Purpose Flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Granulated Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
- Grated Mozzarella Cheese – a handful
Steps of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 deg Celsius.
- Grate the Zucchini and Garlic and strain the excess water out of it.
- Chop the basil leaves and spring onions.
- Chop the Jalapeno and mix it with the rest all vegetables and herbs.
- Beat the three eggs and add to the veggies.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and add the beaten egg to the mixture and fold gently the veggie mixture.
- Add the olive oil to the batter.
- Line the bread mold with a parchment paper and pour in the batter.
- Sprinkle the cheese for the extra delicious flavor and texture.
- Bake it for 30-35 mins.
Once done serve it hot or cold and with a cup of coffee. It’s a true delight.