The clock almost has struck 8:00 am. Mom’s here she is not going to spare me for waking up this late !! I had already committed her for cooking the morning breakfast. Can’t keep nagging any more. I could almost hear the ticking and tons of the alarms and few missed calls of mom to wake me up !! Technology has revolutionized our lives no more she knocks or yells. A call on the cell is a formal gesture of waking up.
All these tensions lead me to jump out of the bed and brush my teeth with the fastest speed I could and till then I was thinking of some Easy Peasy Recipe, so that I can meet all the needs of the family. Easy Peasy !! Easy Peasy!! My mind could get the dish. A perfect blend of nutrition and taste and treat in the cool morning. I was going to make Mutter Paratha.
Paratha’s are super warm to gobble down and is a perfect idea for brunches. You munch two whole paratha and sleep the entire day without the worry of hunger. So it’s on my menu on few weekends when I want to relax and enjoy my weekends with other hobbies of mine.
The recipe of Peas Paratha or Mutter Paratha goes like this:
For making stuffing:
- Green Peas – 300 gms – 400 gms
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Onion – 2 medium sized finely chopped
- Ginger – 2.5 inch long
- Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Red chili Powder – 2 tsp
- Green Chillies – 3 -4
- Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
- Besan or Gram Flour – 2 tbsp
For making Paratha:
- Wheat Flour – 2cups
- Water – for kneading
- Vegetable Oil – for shallow frying
- Add water slowly to wheat flour and start kneading.
- Knead till the dough is soft.
- After it’s completely kneaded, cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and let it breathe in the air. This process makes it fluffy.
Steps of Preparation of Stuffing:
- Peel the Green Peas and clean it and pat dry.
- In a mixer grinder, coarsely grind the Green Peas, garlic cloves, green chilies and ginger.
- In a wide bottomed base Pan or wok or Kadhai, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and let it heat for 2 mins. After the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and let it tamper in the hot oil.
- Saute the cumin seeds, then add the Onion and fry till its golden brown.
- To the fried Onions add the coarsely ground mutter paste.
- Saute it till the raw flavors of ginger, garlic dies off and the mutter is cooked.
- Add 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp of red chili powder and salt according to the taste.
- To the cooked paste, add 2 tbsp of gram flour or Besan. We use the gram flour to help with binding the stuffing and make it thicker.
- After the stuffing is properly cooked in the shown consistency. Keep the stuffing aside and let it cool in the room temperature.
- Make two medium size balls of the wheat dough as shown in the picture.
- Roll the two small balls into small circles apparently the size of the Puri.
- Place one small rolled Puri and add the stuffing of 2 tbsp and cover it up with another rolled Puri.
- Close it firmly, so that it is evenly stuffed and then roll it to the round shape.
- Heat a griddle (tawa), place the rolled Paratha.
- Heat the Paratha till the bubble come. Flip it once and let the other side browns properly.
- Add 1 tsp of oil and brush it to the top facing side.
- Flip the Paratha and repeat the previous step.
Heat the Paratha till it’s golden brown on both the sides.
Serve the yummy Paratha with curd and green chutney. That makes it even more finger licking yummilicious !!!