Sattu Paratha | Spicy Roasted Bengal Gram powder stuffed Indian Flat Bread
Last week was really a hectic one. In a life with this speed, balancing both personal and professional lives and maintaining standards both at home and the office seems like a Herculean task. The work at the office is so much that nothing else seems to be doable. Uff !! And a normal weekend seems like greeting a thirsty person in hot desert with 2 drops of water, whose thirst increases instead of getting satisfied.
But anyways can’t deny, this is a part of family life. The weekend seems like, a hell lot of tasks:
- Check for Groceries and make the list of unavailable stuff
- Wash clothes
- Find a good movie or two to watch
- Call friends .. I am getting unsocial
- Need to talk to mamma and mummy
- Wheat flour
- Ghee/Clarified butter
- Sattu Powder or Roasted Bengal Gram Powder
- Onion – 1 small sized finely chopped
- Garlic – 4-5 big cloves, finely grated
- Ginger – 1 cm long, finely grated
- Lime juice – 2 tbsp
- Amchoor Powder/Dry Mango powder – 1 tbsp
- Ajwain or Carom seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Mustard Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – according to the taste
Steps of Preparation for Dough:
- Add water slowly to wheat flour and start kneading.
- Knead till the dough is soft.
- After it’s completely kneaded, cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and let it breathe in the air. This process makes it fluffy.
- Mix the Sattu ka atta or Roasted Bengal gram flour with the Onions, garlic, ginger.
- Add the green chilies, coriander leaves, carom seeds,salt and mix well with the flour.
- Then add the lime juice and dry mango powder to the mixture and add the mustard oil and bind the stuffing. Add 1-2 tsp of water to the stuffing .
- Make a large sized ball and roll it into the circle of 2.5 cm radius a look alike of small puri.
- Put the stuffing inthecentre of the Puri or the rolled dough.
- After adding the stuffing, try pinching off the excess dough after enclosing the stuffing inthecentre of the small ball.
- Roll the small round shaped dough into the round shaped paratha.
- Heat a griddle (tawa), place the rolled paratha.
- Heat the paratha till bubble comes. Flip it once and let the other side brown properly.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee / clarified butter and brush it to the top facing side.
- Flip the paratha and repeat the previous step.
- Heat the paratha till it is golden brown.