Diwali is on its way and the mega house cleaning and beautification has begun. The decorative led lights are out, the Diwali lamp shopping is on high priority. Alongside the cleaning and decorations, the snack preparation has begun.
Diwali is the festival of lights, symbolizing light’s domineering on the darkness implicating the victory of truth and virtues on the vices. This Diwali will be the second Diwali with my little man, the most important thing is he is actually going to celebrate this time. So, this makes me more responsible, that I celebrate the festival with high spirit so that he realizes the importance far away from the homeland.
For Diwali we can’t just settle with dinner or lunch platter. It needs a wide variety of snacking. The festivity involves lighting of lamps all around the house and fireworks in the evening. The family ritual was munching the Diwali snacks with all chatters.
For this Diwali I started up with very easy to make Coconut Ladoos.
Here goes the recipe:
- Unsweetened desiccated Coconut – 2 cups
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Ground Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Ground Cardamom – 1 tsp
Steps of Preparation:
- Heat a pan in a medium heat.
- Saute the Dessicated Coconut till light brown.
- Add the condensed milk and the powdered spices and mix them altogether.
- Cook them till all dough comes together.
- Switch off the gas, and let the mixture cool.
- Pinch off some dough like a size of a lime and roll it to a round shape.
- After rolling it into a small sphere, crust it with the dry Dessicated Coconut.
Wishing you all a very auspicious Diwali.